It's not for wimps. Wake up your taste buds with this hot, smoky, and spicy chili
- Large pot or crock pot
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 small yellow or white onion diced
- 1/2 Cup chopped red and/or green peppers
- 4 garlic gloves thinly diced
- 1 cinnamon stick (can use 1/2 tsp cinnamon)
- 1 TBSP Chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 diced jalepeno
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 7oz can chipotle peppers in adobo (only need half), chopped
- 1 oz dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup masa harina
- 2 cans Pick 2, one of each. Mix black, pinto, red, chili, garbanzo or lentils.
- 1/2 to 1 Cup water or vegetable broth
- Top with chopped avocado, cilantro, green onions, cheese, sour cream, crema, crushed chips.
- Heat olive oil in pan on low to medium. Add diced onion and cook until they sweat. Add peppers and garlic, cooking for another few minutes.
- Add spices and cook a few minutes until fragrant
- Add the can of crushed tomatoes, chipotle chili, cinnamon stick, beans, chocolate, and sugar. Cook over low for 10 minutes. Add water if it appears to thick. Add the masa harina and keep over a low simmer for 10 minutes.
- Top with your favorite toppers. Serve over rice or quinoa and make it a full meal